wugsy

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Eat, Memory: Line of Sight

A couple of years ago I placed an ad for a line cook. And there was a guy who, according to his résumé, should have been right up my alley. He held a grill position in a busy seafood joint at the shore; he had studied philosophy and political science; and he had about four years of experience in the industry. I was looking forward to meeting this guy, with whom an after-work conversation over beers might be possible, and who had just enough years in the industry to still have something to learn, but not so few that he would need to be taught everything. I called him up and we had a pleasant phone exchange. I liked his voice, his manner; he was intelligent and articulate. I invited him in for an interview the following day. The first thing I noticed when he arrived was that he was blind. ...more
...via

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.