wugsy

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Porton Down - The Terrible Secret

..."I specifically asked them what the long-term implications of taking part in the tests were because I was not happy about it. Of course if they had mentioned what happened to Ronald Maddison (he died minutes after being tested with Sarin in 1953) I would not have taken part. I believed that this would help my chances of promotion and I also received £140 on top of my £400-a-month wages. Scientists told me that I would be exposed to the nerve gas without an antidote. I felt that at this stage I could not back out without harming his career.I was led into a chamber and told to walk around while the gas was administered. I had tunnel vision, and felt sick. My chest constricted and it was like breathing through a straw. My head ached terribly. The door finally opened and I was ushered out by scientists wearing respirators and overalls. They completed tests on me , assured me that my health would recover and told me to go home and wash my uniform".
Ian Foulkes - private 28th Signal Regiment. ...more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.